4-20-2021 Update: In an effort to communicate as broadly as possible to everyone this may impact, we wish to communicate that due to high volume of visitors on weekends, the Nursing Center is transitioning to WEEKEND VISITATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. This begins this coming weekend April 24-25th and will continue until further notice. Appointments will be required for Weekend Only – this does not impact midweek visits.
The “HOW TO” Details:
Contact the Reception Desk during business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 PM.
Reservations will be taken beginning Wednesdays of each week. The booking will close Friday at 12 noon.
Example– for this coming weekend, you may phone starting tomorrow Wed 4/21 at 8am and the last reservation will be taken on Fri 4/23 at 12noon.
Call 518-747-2811 Please inform the receptionist:
– The resident and their unit you wish to visit
– The day you wish to visit (Again, we are only requiring reservations for Sat or Sun visits)
– The time you would like to visit
– Preference for location of visit (inside/outside)—All locations will be on a first come/first serve basis
Reception will confirm no other family member/friend has already booked an appointment with that resident for the day. Reception will confirm the 30 minute visit slot and read back the day/time/designated location for your visit.
It is imperative that visitors remember that Fort Hudson still has mandatory state and federal infection control guidelines that must be followed. The following regulation guidelines still exist for all nursing home visitation:
• Only 1 visit per resident per day. A maximum of 2 visitors per visit allowed.
• No food or drink is permitted to be consumed during a visit (unless compassionate care situation)
• The visitor must remain masked for the entire visit (inside or outside)
• The resident must remain masked for the entire visit (In the case of cognitive impairment we will all try our best to support masking the resident and this is care planned as such)
• Contact is only permitted if the resident is 2 weeks post a completed vaccine series.
• No child should have direct contact (less than 6 feet distancing) with resident.
Any visitor exercising blatant non-compliance will be asked to leave. Future visitation may be impacted or modified if failure to comply with state and federal guidelines. Any visitor arriving without an appointment will unfortunately need to be turned away at the main door.
Fort Hudson remains steadfast in our commitment to keep Covid-19 away, and visitation open. Together, we can achieve this goal! Questions: please reach out to your resident’s social worker or nurse manager.