4-27-2021 Update: Recap of Covid activity over the last 5 days at Fort Hudson:
- An A wing staff member tested positive on Thursday 4/22. For this reason all A wing residents have to be quarantined for 14 days and are ineligible for visitation until Friday May 7.
- The facility received a positive test result for a B wing resident from a Thursday 4/22 PCR test. NYS Epidemiology advised in line with state/federal guidance that all B wing residents be quarantined for 14 days and are ineligible for visitation until Friday May 7. This case is unrelated to the employee; was a prior positive and fully vaccinated and likely positive due to continued non-infectious viral particles.
Therefore, until May 7 the facility will be accommodating outdoor visitation for residents of D wing, G wing, and S wing ONLY.
How To Schedule The Outdoor Visit:
- Call in advance to reserve a tent to visit under. 518-747-2811
- Should you call and find there is no tent availability, you may still visit if taking your loved one for a walk around the property. Given the unknowns of Spring weather, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE a tent reservation.
How to Check-In:
D wing visitors- park in the front parking lot. You will be screened in the front lobby. The D wing staff will bring your loved one to the lobby. You will push your loved one to your reserved tent and return them to the lobby after the 30 minute visit.
G & S wing visitors- park in the back parking lot behind the building. Parking will be marked. You will be screened at the back gate and sent to your reserved tent where your loved one will meet you.
- If the weather is too inclement for comfort—there is NO inside alternative at this time.
- Visit Slots will be 30 minutes.
- You should not bring any food to be consumed during the visit.
- Each resident of D, G, and S wing will only be eligible for one (30) minute visit per day. A maximum of 2 visitors allowed at the visit.
- Time slot alternatives will be as follows: 7 DAYS A WEEK—10:15-10:45 am; 11-11:30 am; 1:45-2:15 PM;
2:30-3:00 PM; 3:15-3:45 PM; 4:00-4:30 PM
- Masks are required at ALL TIMES.
- If your loved one is not 2 weeks post a completed vaccination series, visitors MUST maintain a 6 ft. distance, despite being outside.
Thank you in advance for exercising patience with us as we quickly implement new processes to ensure visitation to the fullest extent possible. Questions can be directed to your Resident’s social worker.